05 August, 2010

Only one more sleep to go!

Tomorrow we head off on the North of the Yarra Quilters Annual Retreat.
This is the main project I'm going to work on (just ignore the creases!). My Double Wedding Ring quilt. It's pieced by hand and I aim to get the next 4 rings pieced. I maybe aiming a little high but you never know.

Besides the sewing, there's the shopping on the way to Myrniong (near Bacchus Marsh), lots of talking and lots and lots of eating! The best thing is we don't have to cook or clean up afterwards.

Hopefully I'll have some more of my quilt to show you after the weekend. I'll also show you something else I have been working on.

Also, on Sunday both Mitchell and Nelson have footy finals. Unfortunately, Austin missed out on finals by percentage. If they win their matches they will be in next week's Grand Final. Can Mitchell make it 3 in a row? This is Nelson's first footy season and he has done well to get to the finals.

Good luck Mitchell and Nelson. Play your best. We are proud of you.

GO BATS!

3 comments:

Claire - Matching Pegs said...

It is looking fantastic Christine.

Worth all the work you have put into it.

One more sleep :-)

Maddy said...

"Congratulations" Christine for a job well done. Looking forward to the weekend and seeing your lovely quilt in person. The group such a group of talented women.

Now l must start packing the car, only one more sleep. Sorry Jennifer no room for you. LOL.

Needled Mom said...

Gorgeous!!! It has always been one of my favorite patterns.