31 July, 2011

Meeting Blogging Friends!

Friday I had the loveliest day. I went to the Craft and Quilt Fair and met up with some of my "blogging friends". It was so nice to meet them in person after all the comments and emails we have exchanged between us.Me, Fee (Designs by Fee), Jo (Lilly Pilly), Kez (Willow Grove Quilts)
and Kathy (Quilted Notions).Fee, Gail Pan (Gail Pan Designs) and Vicki (The Pickledish Patch)
Jo and her Mother in Law, Sandra.Elyte on the right (Tea, Fabric and Other Things....), Christine in the centre (I didn't catch the other lady's name).Miram (Yellow Roses) and Mandy (Seams So Together).This is all I bought on the day. My main reason for going was to meet up with all the girls.A close-up of the fabric and lace. I love the little hedgehogs!
I'm picturing a bag with that and the green fabric.

Of course, I looked at all the beautiful quilts. There are so very talented ladies out there. I also made it to L'uccello where I met the owner, Kim. She has so many lovely things there. I was a bit tired and just couldn't put my head around what I wanted. I'll just have to go back another day!

I was so exhausted by the end of the day but what a day it was!

It was so lovely meeting all you girls. Thank you for sharing the day with me. I'm looking forward to the next time we can catch up! Thanks to Jo for organising the meet-up and thank you also for letting me use some of your photos (I only took one!).

11 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

great photos Christine....always so good catching up with blogging friends....nice purchases...

Vroomans' Quilts said...

How excellent! I would be just in awe, what a line up in those photos. I am sure you enjoyed in all your exhaustion.

Maria said...

How wonderful to catch up with so many of your blogging friends. I bet you had the best time. I would LOVE to meet some of my blogging friends too. so far have only meet one.

Fee said...

It was a wonderful day Christine and was a pleasure to finally meet you. Hugs - Fee XX

Anonymous said...

how wonderful to spend a day with blogging friends and i love the lace you got Christine.

Heirlooms by Ashton House said...

Friendship is such a wonderful gift. A day spent with friends is always a lovely one!I love your purchases, especially that little hedgehog! That lace is pretty, too.

Jo in TAS said...

It was so lovely to meet you Christine! I can't believe that's all you bought, you're more restrained than I was!!
Hugs
Jo

Seams Sew Together said...

Hi Christine, I only met you briefly but it is always good to put a face to a name.

Elyte said...

I enjoyed meeting you and all the others. Wasn't l'uccello wonderful? I agree, there are so many lovely things, you have to return with a clear head!

Kathy said...

Hi Christine - a belated message to say how lovely it was to meet you at the quilt fair in Melbourne!

Sounds like you had a great time (as did I) and you managed to get to L'uccello - Not me I will have to save it for next time.

Enjoying your blog - my own blog is in the midst of a revamp!

Cheers, Kathy
(Sew-Happy House, formerly quilted notions)

Vicki ♥ said...

It was great to meet you Christine and I like the little hedgehogs too...so cute :) Hugs Vicki x