27 January, 2012

Happy Australia Day!

 
I know. I'm a day late but I didn't even turn on the computer yesterday. We headed off to Sorrento Back Beach to catch up with some friends. Their two sons were on Life Saver duty. The boys had a great time playing in the waves.
I just sat on the beach and stitched. I hate swimming in the beach. All that sand and salt when you get out - yuk! I worked on some more of my TTS blocks. 
 
We then went to Rosebud for a BBQ tea with Noel's mother, sister and some friends. I hope you all had a lovely Australia Day too.

7 comments:

Kathy said...

I am jealous - I haven't been to Sorrento for ages! You are the second person this week that's been stitching at the beach - what dedication :)
Love your hats by the way - very professional!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful day you all had sounds fantastic,we had a quiet but enjoyable day.
Love the beach pics,those waves look big and lovely stitching Christine.xx

Miss Hillbilly said...

It is a mess to swim at the beach. Stitching sounds much more fun!

Cath said...

Hello Christine, Glad you enjoyed Australia Day...the beach certainly looks inviting although I am with you and don't much enjoy swimming in the ocean but you did a lovely job on your stitching. it rained here on Aussie Day and was incredibly muggy so we stayed in the Air Con.

Maria said...

I thought for a minute you were at our beach.LOL.
WHAT don't like to swim??? It is the best part of my day, going for my dip in the sea. Especially when it is over 40 for days.
I do love the stitching you did though.
Have BBQ tea with friends and family is fun too.

Cheryll said...

Better late than never.. so HaPPy Australia Day to you too!
You look like you enjoyed it :)

Melody said...

Glad you had such a great day.