06 August, 2012

Back from Retreat!

 Simone V and I headed off straight after school drop off! We had a lovely morning chatting as we drove up to Gisbourne, Kyneton and Castlemaine, where we met Jennifer and Simone M. After our retail therapy for the morning we went to a little cafe and had a very nice lunch. After lunch we went to Haberdash, a shop which Melody (The House on the Side of the Hill) had told us about. There was just so much to see. Lots of lovely vintage haberdashery. You didn't know where to look first!
 
I thought this little vintage display was very cute.
    
Simone busy shopping!

It was then back down to Myrniong. We set up our things in our rooms and then onto the sewing. I had a very productive weekend. I think I might take my machine again next year as I got a lot accomplished.
My Tis The Season is now finished. I'm really pleased with how it turned out.
I nearly finished this little hanging but I must have dropped one of the strips of binding at home.
I've been wanting to make a sewing machine mat, like the one Maria (Life on the Block) made for me last year, for a friend. Another project ticked off the list!
I saw this bag pattern by Sarah of Fairy Face Designs on her blog. It is called the Charlotte Bag and thought I'd like to make it. I even had some of the same fabric The handle fabric isn't showing the true colour very well. It's not quite so fluoro looking.
 To have a break from the machine, I prepared some more of the felt brooches I made for Melody and Michelle so that I had some hand work.
I got three finished!
Libby arrived with a birthday present for each of us that Maddy had sent down from Queensland. Maddy had knitted all of our group a gorgeous scarf. This is my one which matches my red coat so well. Thank you Maddy.

So a very productive weekend. One Christmas wall quilt, a mini quilt, a sewing machine mat, three felt brooches and lots of shopping, eating and friendship. Thanks to all the girls for a great weekend.

Only 364 more sleeps until the next one!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a great weekend Christine,can you please let me know when the next one is on,can anyone go on this retreat or is it a special group.xx

Maddy said...

Looks like you had a very productive retreat. My bad l miss it! But could be down in September sometime if all goes to plan. Love your brooches, nice work.

Melody said...

It sounds fantastic and you got so much done. Everything you sewed is beautiful.

Mistea said...

Lots of lovely finishes for you. Love the Tis the Season and those pretty brooches.
Looks like a perfect time and sounds like fun too.

Bev C said...

Hello Christine,

A thoroughly productive weekend. Love all your finishes. The shops you visited along the way sound divine.

Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Michelle Ridgway said...

All just gorgeous....are you sure you did any sleeping. I love my brooch and the other ones you stitched just lovely.....I am weeping now that we didn't go on to Castlemaine. Oh well I guess I'll just have to come back now won't I.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Christine...what a fantastic weekend...look at all those fantastic projects...so pleased you all had a good time...

Maria said...

What a great way to get to the retreat, picking up friends ,doing some shopping and then chatting some more over a meal.
You really did well at the retreat..Love your machine mat fabrics...
How annoying not having the last two borders for your stitchery. I have also made that christmas tree.

Cath Ü said...

Looks like you all had a terrific time at retreat and on the way there as well... LOL

Makes me remember our retreat from a month or so ago.... Love going on retreat. It is such fun and yes it is surprising how much work gets done, considering how much chatting, laughing and eating goes on.....

I love the things you got finished.....

Cath Ü

Anthea said...

Christine you have just lived every stitchers dream!! What a wonderful time & I love all the pics...

marina said...

Looks like it was a fantastic retreat! Lots of lovely finishes too. Well done.
Love the pic of Molly on the quilt. So sweet and innocent

Cheryll said...

OMG Christine... you were a machine at the weekend retreat! Looks like a wonderful drive out there too and catching up with friends is ALWaYs nice isn't it! Great work! :)

Jindi's Cottage said...

Wow that was one productive retreat! Your TIS is fabulous. Like your little wall hanging...I have the same one in blue that Mistea made me, pretty in the colours you have chosen...like your Charlotte bag..

Miss Hillbilly said...

What a fun time it looks to be!