28 September, 2012

Seven Friends In The Country!

I thought I'd show you one of my earlier quilts. This one is actually a Row By Row Friendship Quilt. There were seven of us in the group and we chose seven different themes.

The first row was "Own Choice". I did the little house with quilts on the clothesline. Row 2 was "Stars" made by Maddy (Woomba Woomba). Row 3 was "In The Garden" made by Simone (Quilts n Cats). Row 4 was "Hearts" made by Jennifer (Csorba Interactions). Row 5 was "Home" made by Libby (Boot Camp Quilter). Row 6 was "Nine Patch" by Vivienne and Row 7 was "Going North" by Jenni.
I added some appliqued and yo yo flowers in the border to finish it off.

I decided to enter this quilt in the Quilting Gallery's Weekly Quilt Contest. This week's theme is Group Exchange Quilts. Head over here to see what everyone else has entered. If you like my quilt, I'd love you to vote for me.

8 comments:

Fiona said...

such a fun quilt Christine... I'll pop over... good luck..
HUgz

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Sucha lovely quilt made with friends. Good luck xx

Cheryll said...

What a great idea.... Good luck too!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous quilt Christine,i am popping over now to vote for you,good luck.xx

Vroomans' Quilts said...

What a sweet friendship quilt - lovely and I will be sure to look for it.

marina said...

beautiful quilt love the flowering vines in the border.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely quilt and such a great memory of lovely friends.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Such a fun a pretty quilt. I voted for yours :) Good luck!