05 May, 2013

It's Finished and Fifty Games!

 My Merry Mistletoe Banner is finished. Yeah! 
I am so pleased with how it turned out. I thought it would be different to stitch it in blue, a change from all my other Christmas stitching.
 
 
 
The stitcheries were designed by my lovely friend, Michelle Ridgeway of Rag Tag Stitchin'. Michelle kindly shared her pattern with a group of on-line stitching friends last year. If you love it like I do, you can order it from Michelle here

Thank you Michelle. I hope you like what I 
did with your stitcheries.
Today is Sunday and that means football in the MacDonald family. Today Nelson plays his 50th game,
which is quite a milestone. 

Nelson is waiting to run through his banner at his next home match. It's lucky he has an away game today as I had trouble getting the brown crepe paper. I only managed to get some on Friday after searching many newsagents in several suburbs. Mitchell also has his 100th game coming up in a couple of weeks, so I'm going to be busy making banners! I have all the lettering cut out ready to go.

Congratulations Nelson. Well done on 50 games!

Love Mum, Dad, Mitchell and Austin.
xxx

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow Christine your banner looks awesome,well done and its so nice done in the blue.

And a big well done and congrats to Nelson on such a great achievement ,hope you have a win today Nelson.xx

Rosie said...

The banner looks great now that it is finished.

Wendy said...

Your banner is beautiful, what a lovely Christmas finish! Great photo of your son, you must be proud.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Well done to Nelson...quite an achievement. I absolutely love what you have done with the stitcheries Christine. Love the blue as well. I am so glad you enjoyed them.
big hugs xx

Valspierssews said...

Well done getting the banner finished. It looks great. Great footy stars.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Well done to Nelson...fantastic banner...

Maria said...

Your Christmas Banner looks fabulous Christine..

Congratulations Nelson on your 50th Game.. Hope you have a win today.

marina said...

love your new banner and it looks like it is already in the perfect place!
Well done to Nelson on his 50 games....a great effort.

Mistea said...

Merry mistletoe looks lovely hanging around in blue.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Wow! It's a beautiful banner. Super cute stitcheries.

tales from a handmade home said...

Love your blue themed Christmas banner, lovely stitching.
Kim x

FloS said...

Well done ! It's different in blue and very beautiful ! A great idea !!
Florence

Fiona said...

Your Christmas banner is just lovely and perfect with those stitcheries... lots of footy milestones.... happy making big banners!!
Hugz

Elyte said...

Lovely results Christine. I like your colour choice. Michelle's stitcheries are all so cute.

Leanne said...

Congratulations to Nelson, I hope your team won.
Your banner is beautiful Christine, well done.

Cheryll said...

AND your stitching did Michelle's pattern justice. The banner looks fantastic. LoVe it! :)

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

50 Games...that is fantastic Nelson. I love your banner you've done a fabulous job Christine.

Sisbabestitches said...

Your banner looks fabulous, I do love me some non-traditional colours at Christmas. Enjoy your taping for the next banners :)

Daisy Jayne said...

the banners looks awesome.... made mine into a wall hanging just need to stitch the binding down

Tatkis said...

Adorable banner, all the stitched motives are so cute!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Anthea said...

What a great finish Christine! It looks great, very cheery...
Well Done to Master Nelson, what a great milestone for him x