23 April, 2015

Surprise Reading!

 Back in March at the Friday Night Sew-In, I didn't do any stitching but did some reading of magazines from the library for inspiration (see this post).
 One of the magazines I read was this edition of 
Homemade (Vol 33, No 3).
 I turned the page and what a surprise! 
I was the Star Letter.
It was the Reindeer wall hanging and stitchery hoop
that I made for Pat in the Christmas In July Swap.
This is the prize pack I received. Some fabric, 
acrylic templates, thread, A Thimblelady thimble, 
ten fabric hearts, thank you cards, lovely papers, 
embossing folder and stickers. The fabrics remind me a bit of vintage sheets and are quite pretty.
There was also this covered tape measure. 
I think he is suppose to be a turtle!

This edition must have come out about November or December and I missed it. If anyone has a copy of this magazine they no longer want, I'd love to get a copy to keep. I was surprised I hadn't heard anything from the publishers that I had won. It was only after I contacted them after 3 months or so that my prize was sent to me.

16 comments:

Cheryll said...

WOW... that was a NiCe surprise.
Those projects were gorgeous so I can understand why they were featured! xox

Jo said...

How lucky are you.. Great win

Michelle Ridgway said...

No Wonder you won star letter...lovely!!

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

What a lovely surprise. Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine congrats on a lovely win,I was star letter once and never got anything I emailed them twice no answer so I haven't bought a handmade mag since ,so sorry I don't have this issue,but well done my friend xx

Baa. xxx said...

Glad you got your prize - it looks great.

kiwikid said...

Well done what a lovely surprise!

Christine B said...

Congratulations Christine! What a great prize! Hope you enjoy making use of it! :) x

Susan said...

Wow, that would have been such a surprise. Sorry I can't help with a copy but I'm sure one will turn up somewhere.

Cheryl said...

How lovely Christine

Shortbread and Ginger said...

What a shame you missed it! They might have let you know! Well done.
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

Kim said...

Hi Christine, I have the magazine which I am happy to give to you.

Fiona said...

oh wow... what fun.... and very nice too.... well done...
Hugz

Karen S said...

What a good thing that you found the mag with your win, otherwise you may have missed out. Well done.

Anthea said...

What a buzz to see your work featured, Christine! Well Done!
And what a great parcel of goodies to receive as your prize, enjoy x

Also, congrats to Nelson - I'm such a believer that getting involved on school life more than just turning up to class, makes for a richer & more memorable high school experience. Good on him

Heirlooms by Ashton House said...

Looks like some fun reading, Christine.I've seen the Handmade mag here and have been tempted to buy it. That turtle tape measure is absolutely adorable! Wonderful prize package.
Kimber