10 August, 2016

2016 NOTYQ Retreat

I picked up Mel and we loaded up the car. 
Good thing I have a station wagon!
First thing we did was have a cuppa so we could decide which way we would head to Lake Dewar Lodge in Myrniong for our NOTYQ Retreat. We had both been so busy we hadn't had a chance to plan our adventure.
We decided to head off to Fairfield and went to GJ's (forgot to take a photo there). Next stop was The Cutting Cloth owned by Kellie. This is such a beautiful shop.
 We made our way up to Gisborne and had some lunch at the 3 Little Pigs Cafe. The two of us both had the homemade Beef Goulash Pie. It was delicious!
Of course, we had to go to Patch n Quilt
Who should we find there but our lovely friend, Margaret. 
We also met Gabbie (in the green) who was best 
friends with our late friend, Tania.
Next stop, Mill Rose Cottage. Here I am measuring my Double Wedding Ring Quilt. I have decided I just don't like the backing fabric I had and as I am unpicking the quilting I have already done (although not that much), it was a good chance to purchase something I would be happier with. It is now going to be quilted by the lovely Leanne.
I found the perfect one. This is so close to the corner stones I have on the front of the quilt. Not bad since the fabrics I used are 17 years old. I also picked up some lovely red check and a Cottage Garden Thread just because!
This is the project I worked on on Friday night. 
My Naughty and Nice List!
I appliqued the centre onto the background.
Stitched the name tags. Now to put everything together.
On Saturday, Jenny from Gemelli Girls 
gave us a lesson in fabric colouring.
All I need to do now is stitch the outlines and make
 my cute little teddy bear into something.
Saturday night Mel and I may or may not 
have drunk a bottle of champagne!
The rest of the time I worked on my hexagons.
Three rows of my first panel are now put together.

Thanks Mel for being such a wonderful 
partner in crime over the weekend!
And that's another NOTYQ retreat over.

11 comments:

marina said...

looks like a great time had! your visited some gorgoeus shops and great to bump into other crafty friends too!

Melody said...

Thank you so much for taking me for this wonderful weekend away.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Looks like you both had a lovely time.

Fiona said...

lots of fun... glad you found a better backing,
Hugz

Baa. xxx said...

Looks like you had a great time- always good to have a partner in crime! Like the new backing and your teddy is super cute!

Ondrea said...

Very pretty hexies. Saturday night is always champagne night at retreats isn't it???? Some lovely shopping. Beautiful pics.

Susan said...

Aren't weekends like this the best! Glad you found a better backing and had such a good time.

Sharm said...

Looks like you both had a fabulous time! Love the hexies and the bear is very cute.

Jo said...

Looks like you had a great time... Loved the colouring project

Anthea said...

so glad you had a great time Christine... hard working ladies deserve a break with their friends... I envy you those shop stops!!

Helen said...

Looks like a great retreat and beautiful spot to relax and have some fun. :)